Time to Read: 2 minutes
Batteries are the heart of hearing aids - without them your hearing aids won't work at all.
So follow our handy tips that will improve the battery life of your hearing aids.
Here is a short list of tips that could noticeably extend your battery life
- Before inserting a fresh battery into your hearing aids, peal the sticker off and leave the battery to breathe for 5 minutes before inserting it in the aid. Recent research has shown doing this one thing could increase battery life by up to 20%!
- Try not to touch the flat back of the batteries as the oil in your fingers could block the air holes. Air is vital for proper operation of a Zinc-Air battery
- Store your batteries in a cool dry place – like in the back of a drawer or cupboard – keep it away from kitchens (including fridges), bathrooms and other wet areas in the house.
- Make sure the expiry date is still valid – this is written at the back of the battery packet.
- Don’t pull off the sticker from the battery until you are ready to use it. These batteries will run flat when you do that within about 3 to 6 weeks depending on battery size – without putting it in a hearing aid.