A Message from Value Hearing Founder, Christo Fourie
Value Hearing is going above and beyond to ensure you can maximise your best hearing during these difficult times.
We would like to reassure all our existing clients that we are still looking after you, even if we cannot always see you face to face.
Last week we announced the measures we put in place to protect you during clinic visits. These included:
- Rigorous sanitising protocols between visits (following the NSW Department of Health best practice)
- Extending appointment times to further reduce the small amount of time in our waiting room.
Today, we’re pleased to announce a number of additional initiatives to help you.
Aftercare Extended at No Additional Charge
Your wellbeing is our priority. We are extending our Aftercare Program. Your unused visits will be honoured after the current public health emergency is over.
Clean & Checks/Warranty Expiry Servicing/Repairs
You will still receive reminders for Clean & Checks as well as Warranty Expiry Servicing but we will be handling those services differently.
We now offer a drop off service at our clinics. We will have a marked tray at the reception desk.
Just place your hearing aids in a case marked with your name and contact phone number (or simply use an envelope marked with your name and contact number).
If you need even less contact, we can organise alternative arrangements. Simply call us on 1300 586 104 to discuss.
Our staff will then check your hearing aids during the day and send you an SMS when they are ready to be picked up.
- Clean and check your hearing aids
- Make any in-house repairs and advise you beforehand if there are any costs involved.
- Sterilise your hearing aids before returning them to you in a sealed bag for pick-up
You can also arrange to have the hearing aids posted to us, serviced and then posted back. There is a $14.95 postage charge and a postal waiver will need to be signed absolving us from risks associated with the postal service.
Warranty Expiry Service
To assist you during this time, we will ask your hearing aid manufacturer for an extension on your warranty. Remember - the End of Warranty is simply a service we offer, not a requirement, so you may also choose to forgo this option if you wish.
If you need loan hearing aids, we will pre-program some loan hearing aids for you, until your own hearing aids are returned, so you don't need to see a clinician face to face if you prefer.
Many modern hearing aids can be adjusted remotely by our clinician while you are in the comfort of your home.
To find out whether this service is available on your hearing aids, and to book an appointment, please call 1300 586 104.
Many of our in-clinic processes can be handled over the phone. These services include follow-ups, assistance with your hearing aids and even hearing consultations to discuss replacement or new hearing aids. By doing some of the work over the phone, we can reduce or in some cases eliminate the need for face to face contact, keeping you safe.
Do It Yourself Troubleshooting
We want to empower you to get the most from your hearing aids, so we have a number of resources to help you do that.
- Value Hearing Video Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCelsdQnxkiqy13lL1mU9BxA/videos (subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be notified on any new uploads the moment they arrive. Our clinicians are working harder than ever to create new videos to help answer common questions and address typical challenges)
Troubleshooting Articles - contained on our dedicated knowledgebase. kb.valuehearing.com.au
- How to Clean Hearing Aids - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/how-to-clean-hearing-aids
- Help, My Hearing Aids Got Wet - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/my-hearing-aids-got-wet
- General Information - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/additional-information
- How To Protect Your Ears During Cold & Flu Season - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/how-to-protect-your-hearing-during-cold-and-flu-season
- How To Safely Deal With Ear Wax At Home - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/how-to-safely-deal-with-ear-wax-at-home
- Troubleshooting Hearing Aids - https://kb.valuehearing.com.au/troubleshooting-hearing-aids-a-users-quick-guide
During this time, we will continue to send out our fortnightly newsletter as well as regularly updating our blog with useful information, so be sure to bookmark this page:
Should you need further help:
- Call us on 1300 586 104
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat on kb.valuehearing.com.au - our dedicated support channel
Online Ordering of Consumables
There is no need to come into the clinic to order batteries and domes. We can post them out to you. All you need to do is phone or email us. We do ask that you confirm your current contact details so we can expedite your order.
- Order from our Shop: https://valuehearing.com.au/shop/
- Call us on 1300 586 104
We are a few weeks away from finalising our brand new, easier to use online shop. We will notify you the moment this goes live.
Value Hearing Creating Community
Social isolation is one of the challenging aspects of our current health emergency. We want to help connect people who wear hearing aids.
We are establishing an exclusive Facebook Group which will be hosted by the Value Hearing team.
In addition to being a place to connect, it is also an additional communication channel for you to reach out to us, and for us to reach you with emerging news. We will be sharing further details closer to the launch.
Need New Hearing Aids?
We can assist.
Considering the health and financial implications of the current COVID-19 crisis, Value Hearing has come up with a plan to help you get quality hearing aids and in a safer manner with less in person contact and we have even figured out a way to offer quality hearing aids online with full professional support.
We’re Here For You
Should you need further help:
Our focus during these challenging times is squarely on supporting our existing clients as well as we possibly can. We appreciate your continued support.
Feel free to contact us, even if you just need someone to speak to. We are here to help in any way possible. We’re all in this together.